A large Solid Cuban Mahogany Jewellery Box C 1830 with a vacant recessed circular central brass disk, brass straps, & campaign side handles, with working Bramah lock. The red morocco leather and velvet lined interior with various compartments, a fitted tray and a section on two levels with velvet covered lids fitted for scissors etc. Inside the lid there is an expanding wallet for letters etc. and a mahogany framed mirror with built-in stand.
The trade label of G. Lawrence, the manufacturer, appears inside the wallet with his address 9 New Bond Street. His business was established 1n 1829.
Weight 4.25 kg
Size 31 x 25 x 14 cm