WICKWAR & CO. 6 POLAND STREET, MANUFACTURERS TO H.M. STATIONERY OFFICE
An Edwardian Green Morocco Leather Dispatch Box with inset central handle, above which is stamped 'GOVERNMENT OF THE ORANGE RIVER COLONY'* with the British Royal Coat of Arms, the black leather cloth interior with raised sides and diamond trellis work inside the lid, the lock stamped Bramah, London with its original key.
Weight 2.5 kg
Size 41 x 28 x 10 cm
*The Orange River Colony was the British colony created after Britain first occupied (1900) and then annexed (1902) the independent Orange Free State in the Second Boer War. The colony ceased to exist in 1910, when it was absorbed into the Union of South Africa as Orange Free State Province.